Topic: 38 Deluxe or 39 Standard front Fender

bbrust    -- 08-21-2017 @ 10:05 AM
  I have a 39 Standard Sedan Delivery and a set of NOS front fenders. I can't seem to figure out how to bolt the fenders to the cowl. Do I use the forward cowl bolt or the rear bolt? When using the rear cowl bolt I can see that the door will hit the fender. This car was butchered when I bought it 20 years ago. At one time it had a SB chevy engine. I suspect that some of the frame bolt holes have been filled in. A picture of the fender bolt pattern would be a great help.
Thanks, Bob

TomO    -- 08-22-2017 @ 7:06 AM
  It would help if you posted a photo of the cowl and then posted a photo of the fender bolt holes. This will let the people familiar with the 39 Sedan Delivery see if there have been modifications tpo the fenders and / or the body.

Some of the NOS fenders are factory rejects that escaped being recycled and they may not fit without extensive modifications. You stated that there were modifications to the body to allow a SBC to be installed, so photos are necessary to provide you with a good answer.

Tom

bbrust    -- 08-23-2017 @ 6:42 AM
  Attached is a picture of the cowl area as it appeared when I bought the car. No front sheet metal was attached but it was included with the car. I measured the original fender hole locations and they are identical to the NOS fenders that I purchased years ago. Two pictures of the fender are also included.

This message was edited by bbrust on 8-23-17 @ 9:03 AM

bbrust    -- 08-23-2017 @ 6:43 AM
  Fender picture

bbrust    -- 08-23-2017 @ 6:45 AM
  Another fender picture. I tried to include all 3 pictures in the first post.

juergen    -- 08-25-2017 @ 4:43 PM
  I do not have the rear cowl bolt, only the front on my 39 std sedan delivery. My fender bolts on the front bolt and the bottom/rear bolt of the fenders bolts to the running board.

bbrust    -- 08-25-2017 @ 5:12 PM
  Thank you Juergen. That's the way I thought it should go. I can get it close. I'd like to see a picture of the inner fender bolted to the frame. I may be missing some bolt holes when the previous owner made modifications.

Bob

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11110