Topic: Glass Removal 1934 Ford Victoria

1936TWC    -- 08-09-2017 @ 1:03 PM
  What is correct procedure for:
1. Removing side glass from door regulator
2. Removing glass from door windows.
3. Removing window regulator from doors and side

Is it possible to remove door regulator with glass in place together?

Thanks.

TomO    -- 08-14-2017 @ 9:45 AM
  I don't have the answer, but replied to keep your question in the current page.

Tom

trjford8    -- 08-14-2017 @ 11:59 AM
  reply deleted

This message was edited by trjford8 on 8-14-17 @ 12:01 PM

trjford8    -- 08-14-2017 @ 12:00 PM
  Once you remove the garnish molding and door panel you will see if the opening on the bottom of the door is big enough to remove the glass and regulator at the same time. As a general rule you will probably have to separate the regulator from the glass to remove each one. To remove you'll need to roll the window up. Next remove the screws that hold the regulator to the door. Push inward on the regulator so the handle shaft will clear the hole and then lower the entire assembly. Once you can see the regulator assembly slide it off the glass track and remove. Now you can remove the glass and track. You may have to tip the glass upward to get it out of the door. Each car is a little different so getting the glass out of the door takes different methods.
To reinstall reverse the process by putting the glass back in first. I use some pieces of wood to prop up the glass in the door while I install the regulator.

1934 Ford    -- 08-14-2017 @ 1:12 PM
  In My 34 Fords, I've never tried to get the regulator & the glass out while still connected.
The lift arm slides in a slot on the bottom of the metal glass channel. There is brass domed head
brass screw in the metal channel that prevents the lift arm from coming out while operating the
window regulator. Just past that brass screw is a wide spot in the channel for the rollers to come out
of the channel after you remove the screw.
Hint: The Dennis Carpenter Early V8 Truck catalog use to have great instructions on this inside the back cover. I think it was for doing the glass on a 40 Ford Pickup, but the method is close to the same
on the 34 cars. Good Luck

1934 Ford's since 1972

1936TWC    -- 08-16-2017 @ 2:06 PM
  Thanks Tom.

1936TWC    -- 08-16-2017 @ 2:06 PM
  Thanks for the help. I will give it a try

1936TWC    -- 08-16-2017 @ 2:07 PM
  Thanks for your help. I will give it a try.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11067