Topic: '36 deluxe late model

flatfoot    -- 08-03-2017 @ 8:06 PM
  Anybody know where I can get a dash light switch. Mine is very touchy. I have to get it in the spot to make it work. I have looked but not able to find a good one.

ken ct.    -- 08-03-2017 @ 9:24 PM
  Your right and pricey,ive had a few and all sold quickly. None right now. ken ct

TomO    -- 08-04-2017 @ 7:33 AM
  Many of the switches made in the 1930s and early 1940s can be opened up and repaired. I am not familiar with your dash light switch, but if you can post photos of the front, back and side of the switch and let me know whether you pull or turn the switch to make it work, I amy be able to give you some ideas on how to repair it.

Tom

wmsteed    -- 08-04-2017 @ 10:02 AM
  My '36 Ford coupe is a very late Aug. 36 Deluxe, the serial number falls into the last few hundred made.
The dash light switch, which is original to the car is a simple push/pull off/on switch, non dimming.
The switch has a small spring clip on each side that snaps into a corresponding notch in the dash.
I have a clear picture of the switch in my memory because my mother, born 1911 did not like to go fast. Any time she rode in my Ford during the mid '50's I would turn the dash lights off so she could not see how fast I was going. Mother would turn the dash lights on, I'd turn them off, a constant game we played..
I think I might have a spare switch, I have a collection of misc., Ford parts that I gathered up in the mid '50's and '60's. I took a few minutes and went out to the garage. I looked into some boxes that had not been looked at in over fifteen years, found some interesting things, what appears to be a NOS '42-48 Columbia speedometer ratio switch. I also found a very nice '40 Ford steering column drop and a pair of accessory aftermarket rear tube shock mounts for the frame. These mounts attach to the rear cross member, looking like a stock application, which places the rear shocks on a angle. I have a variation of this type of mount on my '36.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11050