Topic: Searches

Bill E Bob    -- 06-13-2017 @ 3:00 AM
  Entered a search for "oil" and "motor oil"--all topics and user name as required. Result--no information! Seriously??!! No discussion on type of oil used in these engines? What am I doing wrong?
William (really baffled) Brown

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 06-13-2017 @ 6:24 AM
  Sorry you are having problems.
You need to be on the main topic page. To the right you will see 4 blue boxes -- My Inbox Preferences Logout Search
Once you click on Search a new page will open.
There you will have options to define your search.
Enter Oil in the first open box. The next box will limit your Search. In the pull down menu click on time frame that you would like to Search.
I just did the standard 60 days and got 27 topics to be displayed.
You do not need to fill out any other of the defining boxes.

I hope this helps.

Web Administrator

len47merc    -- 06-13-2017 @ 6:27 AM
  Bill - I just did a search for 'oil', selected 'ALL' under the 'In the Past' section, 'All Forums' under the 'Forum' section and left the 'Username' section blank and came up with 1,412 discussions results. Did another search for 'motor oil' with all other search criteria the same and this yielded 76 discussions results.

If you enter multiple search criteria in the first box the system will understandably look for only those discussion threads containing ALL the criteria you entered. Try being more specific and less broad and then open it up from there after you see what results you get - perhaps that will help. Good luck!

Steve

carcrazy    -- 06-13-2017 @ 6:28 AM
  If you ask ten different people what oil to use in the Flathead V-8, you will probably get ten or more different recommendations! The oil I use is Pennzoil HD SAE 30 weight with an additive that contains the required amounts of zinc and phosphorus (Red Line Engine Oil Break-In Additive - #R1113). Let the discussion begin!

Bill E Bob    -- 06-13-2017 @ 11:06 AM
  AHA! I WAS doing something wrong. Adding my username not knowing the search would be limited to my posts? At any rate, THANKS LARGE to all who responded.
William (now search enlightened) Brown

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10860