Topic: 1939 Ford wiper controls

1939ute    -- 04-05-2010 @ 11:59 PM
  Howdy, does anyone know where I can find suppliers of 1939 Ford V8 vacuum wiper speed controls? I would like to buy overhauled assemblies or NOS. Cheers, John

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 04-06-2010 @ 5:20 AM
  What body style,?
are you referring to the motors themselves or a vacuum control valve with a ajustment knob,
hope to help 37RAGTOPMAN

1939ute    -- 04-06-2010 @ 3:17 PM
  Thanks for your reply 37RAGTOPMAN, I'm referring to the control valve with an adjustment knob! However, my control valves have straight handles with knurled ends. Mine is a 1939 deluxe V8 (91A) with two wiper motors with dedicated controls to each (on/off switch with screw on knobs and speed control with knurled finger grips)! I don't know the part numbers. Cheers, John

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 04-06-2010 @ 4:22 PM
  HI 39UTE
what about a picture of your downunder FORD,
SURE alot of V8 GUYS would like to see your ride,
the wiper motors were made by TRICO,
I ASSUME it would be the same for export models,
you could try to search on the web for a wiper motor service,
one person is DAVID FICKEN , his wife and son are running the TRICO WIPER MOTOR SERVICE Business, and is in NEW YORK,
they shold be able to help you,
are you a FORD V8 member, if you were you would receive the V8 FORD TIMES,which has many advertisers for many different items.
its a great read,well worth the money,
my 3 cents worth,37RAGTOPMAN

1939ute    -- 04-06-2010 @ 5:30 PM
  Thanks again 37RAGTOPMAN; yes, I have tried Ficken and he can't help! No, I'm not a Ford V8 member but I am here in Australia! I have tried to attach some photos of my Ute but I'm not sureif I have done it right or not! If not, I can keep trying. I do know the wiper motors are Trico but I can't find any replacement parts anywhere. The vacuum control is all I need as I have two motors that I got from Ficken some time back! The old control valves I have would leak too much! Even if I could get them overhauled, would help!Cheers, John

1939ute    -- 04-06-2010 @ 5:34 PM
  Another photo! Not too much left to do! John

ford38v8    -- 04-06-2010 @ 10:46 PM
  John, Nice looking Ute! Try Kent Jaquith in Oregon. If anyone can help you, he can. He's been doing Trico for many years and knows his stuff. I don't think he does Email, but here's his snail mail and phone #.

Kent Jaquith, 2633 SW Obsidian # 15, Redmond, Oregon (541) 923-4319
Clean-Sweep Windshield Wiper Motor Service, Sales and Rebuilding

Alan

48-710    -- 04-07-2010 @ 3:02 AM
  G'Day John,
Kent has done an excellent job in restoring a wiper motor for my Roadster .He made one from 2"well used" ones including some spare parts of his own.So I guess that he would be able to help you with your ute.If you want more info give me a buzz on 03 50245134.Regards,Gary

1939ute    -- 04-08-2010 @ 11:15 PM
  Thanks Alan; it's a bit different to your pickups but that's the way they were here! Thanks for the info; I'm trying to contact Kent via email first. If that fails, I'll ring him. If I could get NOs vacuum control valves, I'd be more than happy but I'm not holding my breath! Cheers, john

danbook    -- 01-19-2011 @ 11:07 PM
  [QOUTE]Howdy, does anyone know where I can find suppliers of 1939 Ford V8 vacuum wiper speed controls? I would like to buy overhauled assemblies or NOS. Cheers, John [/QOUTE]

maybe i can help help you finding those parts i also have some other parts that i can sell to you there are a lot of dealers out there but there just some that is very reliable
------------
Dan Book
car enthusiast:event coordinator:windshield wiper motordealer:car parts dealer:entrepreneur

This message was edited by danbook on 1-19-11 @ 11:08 PM

john38coupe    -- 01-27-2011 @ 3:42 PM
  I just had Kent Jaquith, "Mr. Clean Sweep" assist me with a 1938 rebuild that Fickens couldn't do and did an excellent job. Reliable and fast!! His winter phone # in Califorina is 760-251-4383. I'M LOOKING FOR THE LITTLE WIPER GROMMETS (CHROME) THAT GO OVER THE WIPER CONTROL KNOBS AND PUSH INTO THE HEADLINER MATERIAL. ANY OUT THERE???? johntesch@frontier.com

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1060