Topic: Fordbarn is closing

oldford2    -- 04-05-2010 @ 6:14 AM
  As a daily reader of this site and Fordbarm it is sad to note that Fordbarn is closing. Both sites have been a great help in my restorations. I just hope that the webmaster can make it easier to reply to posts without going back and signing in. Maybe incorporate some of the Fordbarn format. Thanks
John

Hamtown Al    -- 04-05-2010 @ 6:31 AM
  I predict this site will get increased participation from Fordbarners. It is a sad day at the Fordbarn but we're lucky to have this site available from our participation in the Early Ford V8 Club. I look forward to each magazine and have for a long time. Hope y'all don't mind putting up with more input from a fellow in Smithfield, VA. Al

4dFordSC    -- 04-05-2010 @ 7:00 AM
  Here's hoping that the behaviors/attitudes that influenced Sh*lly's decision don't migrate over here.

supereal    -- 04-05-2010 @ 8:51 AM
  I suspect we will be fortunate to have only a handful of quality vendors by the time, if ever, the economy rebounds. They are being hit from all sides, as interest wanes in the hobby, and spare cash has dried up. Some, even Bob Drake, have expanded into more than Ford parts, adding rod parts, and reaching up into the 50's and even 60's.

TomO    -- 04-05-2010 @ 10:25 AM
  I like the format on this site and found that the Fordbarn site was awkward to use.

I hope that the Ford Barn people leave their hostility there and do not bring it over here.

Sh*lly has done a lot to help out Ford people and I certainly wish her lots of success in her future ventures.

Tom

1934 Ford    -- 04-08-2010 @ 6:31 PM
  I looked and found this on the Ford Barn
FORD BARN NOT CLOSING
Posted by Model A Lady from cpe-65-27-225-119.cinci.res.rr.com (65.27.225.119) on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 at 10:08AM :

It's official!! I am pleased to announce that the doors of fordbarn will NOT be closing at the end of the month.

Fordbarn has a bright future ahead and I for one am excited for the website and for you guys!

I am touched beyond words at your messages and your emails which I am in the process of replying to. This was not an easy decision for me and my involvement in fordbarn was never about the $$. (If that was the case it would have been over a long long time ago). You guys are THE best and I have said since my first day here. YOU guys are what make this place great. I am entrusting you to keep the "greatness" going for the next era...the next era??

I will post details later!!

Sh*lly (I will still be the Model A Lady - or MAL in my photographs)

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1053