Topic: 2016 AACA Hershey directory needed

thunder road    -- 01-02-2017 @ 6:24 PM
  My friend told me that everyone that participated in the 2016 Hershey fall meet show on the Saturday is listed in their directory .Their was a guy that had the most original 1940 ford deluxe coupe that I had ever seen. Me and my son spoke to him and he took the time to show us the car. He said that the rear fender's had some spots where it had been touched up , and he had the rear fenders re-sprayed but wishes that he had not. He showed us the original burlap bag that the original leatherette tool bag came in. the hot air heater with the fan under the hood ect. If anyone can figure out who this guys name is, I would be very grateful . You could take notes off this car. Thank you Dom

nelsb01    -- 01-02-2017 @ 8:32 PM
  If you turn on private messaging for you user name, I will send you some information.
I don't want to list names on the forum.

thunder road    -- 01-03-2017 @ 3:29 AM
  Thank you so much for responding. There were two completely original 1940 ford" coupes" at the 2016 fall meet . One was a 1940 ford standard coupe with opera seats, and 60H .P. motor which I had never seen in one of these cars. The other was a 1940 ford deluxe coupe with the package tray. This is the one that I am trying to locate the owner of. He was good enough to take the time to show me and my son the car, which was completely original, and in incredible condition. I am sorry that I did not get his contact information, it was drizzling and the car was at the very top of the hill. These were the only 1940 ford" coupes" there that day, and both cars were completely original. I am going to try and figure out how to go to private messaging. Thank you Dom

This message was edited by thunder road on 1-4-17 @ 3:29 AM

nelsb01    -- 01-03-2017 @ 6:23 AM
  Click on your profile and add your email address.
I have checked the directory and according to that there were only 2 1940 Fords displayed.

Bad news is that they only list Name and 1940 Ford === no other information.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 1-3-17 @ 6:24 AM

trjford8    -- 01-03-2017 @ 10:56 AM
  thunder road, if you have photos of those cars showing the license plates you may find the owners are V-8 Club members, after Bruce supplies you the names. Your roster lists members by state, so having the license plate may get you right to the owner. Many Ford V-8 owners belong to both the AACA and the Early V-8 Club.

1934 Ford    -- 01-03-2017 @ 11:04 AM
  Doesn't AACA have a Internet Roster accessible by only members? Maybe with the names that Nelsb01 had, somebody could cross check that, because you have to belong to AACA to show a car at Hershey.

1934 Ford's since 1972

thunder road    -- 01-03-2017 @ 4:37 PM
  The 1940 standard coupe with the opera seats { business coupe] that was a 60 H.P. car , was for sale in the flea market field . Then on the Saturday show day it was on the top left side of the hill. This car was for sale at $56,000, I offered him $40,000 and he didn't flinch. His name is Chuck Gary, at; graysgarage 301 Grebber rd.Metainora,IL. 61548 . Since the car is for sale and his card says restorations I don't think he would mind some free advertising. I have his phone if needed , then their was a 1940 ford convertible which I have seen at the Hershey fall car show, at least four other times, Lastly on the top middle of the hill was the nicest original 1940 ford deluxe coupe with package tray that I have ever seen. The hot air heater, with the air ducts off the pass. side exhaust manifold had a fan built right on top of the air tubes , all under the hood. He told me and my son, him and his wife were riding in it and she said she was cold , he said he had never tried the heater, he put it on and the car was warm in no time. Dom

This message was edited by thunder road on 1-3-17 @ 4:47 PM

nelsb01    -- 01-03-2017 @ 9:01 PM
  One of the vehicles you have been looking for - - well, you already know that person's name.

You still haven't clicked on Preferences and typed in an email address.

thunder road    -- 01-04-2017 @ 3:38 AM
  I think that my e-mail ect. is now visable. If I get to talk to this person with this original 40 deluxe coupe, I can check some things out on the one I just bought, and possibly talk to the guy writing the book on 40's to add some information. Unless he's the one writing the book then he already knows all he needs to know. Dom

Domenic

nelsb01    -- 01-04-2017 @ 7:37 AM
  Yes you did enable Private Messaging.
I sent you a email.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10392