Topic: Plug Wires

Bob56    -- 12-06-2016 @ 8:42 AM
  I thought my plug wires were one of the things wrong when I bought my car (1936 Club Cabriolet) but after reading the 1935/36 book from here they appear to be the correct radio suppression plug wires. Am I correct?

I thought I had several things that were odd but after reading parts of the book looks like the only things I need to change are the coil and fuel pump

supereal    -- 12-14-2016 @ 2:00 PM
  We use copper wire core plug cables rather that the carbon filament type with resistor plugs. The fiber type can't be soldered to the terminals. If you are using an AM radio, it is likely there with be plug noise from the radio in any case. Many of us convert the receiver to FM for good reception.

Bob56    -- 12-15-2016 @ 2:39 AM
  I wasn't worried about radio reception but the correctness of the plug wires themselves. I have only been to one V8 club show and all the cars had the loop plug wires. When I look on page 118 of the 35/36 book mine appear to be correct. Looking to verify before I change something that not wrong

Don Rogers    -- 12-18-2016 @ 7:06 AM
  Bob, Your spark plug resistors are correct if you have a radio in your car. Below is a photo showing more detail on the spark plug resistor. What is your goal with your car? Are you wanting to show it on the concourse at a V-8 meet or just get it close to original? If you are going for concourse, then you will need to do more to restore the ignition system. Original plug wires were not rubber coated. They were black fabric with a dull lacquer coating. Also, your plugs should be Champion #7 2 piece as shown below. Do you have all the noise suppression condensers? There is one on the coil, generator, oil sending unit, electric gas sending unit, dome light and coil resistor(on firewall). Bob, if you just want to enjoy the car and drive it, don't worry about the details. If you want to restore it to original, then you need to do a lot of nitpicking corrections.

Enjoy the car!!!

Bob56    -- 12-18-2016 @ 1:42 PM
  My ultimate goal is to show it. I have the spark plugs, coil condenser, oil sending unit condenser. I have one for the generator but not ford script (still looking). No dome light needed (Club Cabriolet). Still looking for Firewall condenser. I have no idea where to get the correct plug wires though. I know I have a lot of work to do but this is a start

This message was edited by Bob56 on 12-18-16 @ 1:48 PM

Don Rogers    -- 12-18-2016 @ 4:54 PM
  Bob, Try Roy Nacewicz, He has the wires. I saw them last week when I was there at his place. If you need any other help or have questions, just yell! I can be reached by email at ConvV8@aol.com

Regards,
Don Rogers

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10323