Topic: I did it again ?

GK1918    -- 12-06-2016 @ 3:32 AM
  Second time this month I lost my keys, and the key
ring is big enough to spot a mile. Being 46 Super
Deluxe we all know we can jump the coil but the
steering is locked. Best I can think of is to get
a flatbed to move it 500 feet to my shop. Then to
figure out how to remove the lock, not too much info
at all on that. Its been said you have to drill something, so what and where is that something.
I'm thinking all them V8's Clyde Barrow stole had
to be pretty simple. I would been fine just to get
rid of the dead bolt and buy a new lock & key set..
Any ideas ? sam

40 Coupe    -- 12-06-2016 @ 4:37 AM
  If both the door lock and the ignition lock cylinders are original to the car or if they both worked on the same key (prior to loosing the keys). Remove the door lock cylinder and the key code should be stamped on the side. Much easier.

trjford8    -- 12-06-2016 @ 7:48 AM
  You'll find the original one after you have all new keys made for the car. Always have an extra set of keys. They are not that expensive to make.

JM    -- 12-06-2016 @ 9:25 AM
  I wouldn't suggest drilling anything until you have exhausted all other possibilities. Do what 40 coupe suggested. Remove the door lock and have a key cut to that code. If that doesn't work, remove the ignition lock cylinder and see what code is on that. If it has a different code, have a key cut to that number. If that doesn't work look for a new or good used cylinder with keys, maybe for ignition and door. You could also have your existing cylinders rekeyed by a locksmith who knows these old Ford locks. There are four good locksmiths who are members on Fordbarn. I have used Leon Rowell in the past, and found him to be very good, but not sure he is still in this business. I also used Jessers (sp) once but would never recommend him to anyone now.

John

GK1918    -- 12-07-2016 @ 3:53 AM
  Thanks guys, I found a few keys in my junk box that entered the cylinder and after about
an hour of filing I managed it to finally turn. No more locksmiths around like any other
business's . Then as my luck I found the keys down in my recliner . ? Any way I ordered
5 Hurd blanks. sam

trjford8    -- 12-07-2016 @ 1:30 PM
  I knew you would find them!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10322