Topic: CECIL GOFF PASSES

v8teditor    -- 10-07-2016 @ 1:20 AM
  I am saddened to report that Cecil Goff, V-8 TIMES 1949/51 Technical Advisor and author of the Early Ford V-8 Club’s 1949/50/51 FORD BOOK, passed away recently.

Over the years as Technical Advisor Cecil helped hundreds of 1949/51 owners with their restorations answering their questions and sharing his extensive knowledge of these Fords.

Cecil was perhaps the most prolific Technical Advisor I had. That is evident in recent issues of the V-8 TIMES with many questions being answered. He will be a hard act to follow.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cecil personally at National Meets and other Club meetings and considered him a good friend. I’ll miss him.

Jerry Windle
V-8 TIMES Editor

41-42fordadvisor    -- 10-08-2016 @ 7:10 AM
  I am sorry and sad to hear of the passing of Cecil Goff. Even though I have never owned a 1949-1951 Ford I have always enjoyed reading his questions and answers in the V-8 Times. They were always well written and researched. He will be greatly missed by the early Ford V-8 community. Rest in peace Cecil Goff. Fred Killian

trjford8    -- 10-08-2016 @ 7:39 AM
  Sorry to hear of the passing of Cecil Goff. He was a dedicated V-8er who volunteered many hours to act as an advisor to the V-8 Times, as a judge at many national meets, and took the time to help write a book on the 49-53 Fords. All that he did was for the benefit of the V-8 Club. In addition he was a genuine nice guy. Rest in peace Cecil. Tom Johnston, past president, Early Ford V-8 Club of America.

deluxe40    -- 10-08-2016 @ 9:50 AM
  Very sorry to read of Cecil Goff's passing. I was hoping to meet him at a national meet someday. He was very helpful to me this summer as I worked on my '51 in preparation for Bakersfield.

ken ct.    -- 10-08-2016 @ 3:53 PM
  RIP Cecil , you were a wealth of info and a good man to boot. Condolences to his family. Ken ct.

TomO    -- 10-08-2016 @ 5:30 PM
  Cecil will be missed by all of us. His shoes will be hard to fill.

Tom

Cecil/WV    -- 10-09-2016 @ 6:37 AM
  I met Cecil in Hiawassee in 2006. He looked my '50 Ford over due to a discussion I had with him on the phone pertaining to the dash color on my Ford. He later put out a correction to add to the book on correct colors for those cars. I remember him as a very nice man! RIP

Shiny side up! Cecil/WV

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10140