Topic: Mac's

bosborn    -- 08-24-2016 @ 3:24 PM
  Anyone ordered from Mac's recently? I placed an order on July 22. Still not shipped. Emails/phone calls have indicated they are moving to a different location. They cannot provide an ETA. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

carcrazy    -- 08-24-2016 @ 9:32 PM
  Yes, I have also experienced delays in getting items from them. Placed an order on 7/15/16. So far I have received a couple of partial shipments from them but as of 8/24/16 one item has still not been shipped. They send me an order status report every Wednesday - I don't want the report, want the parts.

MICHV8    -- 08-25-2016 @ 4:45 AM
  Since being sold to Eckler, they have shown only greed and stupidity. Stupidity for changing their part numbers to some ridiculous system rather than keeping the Ford tried and true. Greed for charging outrageous shipping charges. I used them for many, many years and now no longer do. I suggest the same for others...

GK1918    -- 08-26-2016 @ 2:16 AM
  8 months on back order for a set of Model T adj lifters? I put the solids back in.
I should have went with Langs and suck the Mass Tax........

supereal    -- 09-07-2016 @ 3:47 PM
  At our shop we occasionally buy from Eckler's. It can take a while. Mostly, we buy from C&G. They are very good, but dropped the ball recently, taking almost three weeks, after a credit card hassle. Good old Ford parts places are getting scarce as the hobby dwindles, so be grateful for the survivors, or we will all be out of luck. They keep the hobby alive!

46coupe    -- 09-08-2016 @ 7:45 AM
  Tried C&G and Dennis Carpenter for rear main seals. Neither had them. Macs does, but after reading the previous posts can anyone suggest other vendors for the seals? Car is a 46 coupe
Thanks

pauls39coupe    -- 09-08-2016 @ 11:00 AM
  Speedway Lincoln Neb. GraphTite rear seal. Buy the Best Gasket Co. complete kit if you need all the gaskets. It comes with the one piece front seal. Pick up anything else you mite need, orders over $100 ship free.
Good folks to deal with.

46coupe    -- 10-02-2016 @ 3:25 PM
  Been reviewing posts to catch up on the latest challenges. Got to this one and wanted to let everyone know that I contacted Macs for brake lines recently. I ordered them last Wednesday morning and asked when I could expect them. Apparently their ordering area is in NY and the warehouse is in FL. I was told that they would ship Thursday morning and arrive in 3-5 days. They arrived on Saturday via US mail. I had told the service rep that I had heard there were shipping problems and was told that the shipping was getting better and turn around time was getting better also. Looks like they were telling the truth.
Regarding price, I have found that compared to my two other sources the Mac prices are lower and shipping is based on actual weight not flat rates depending on amount spent.
Hope this helps. No, I don't have any connection with Macs, just thought I would try them and report what had happened.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10016