Topic: Assembly manual 1937 ford pu

Larry T    -- 01-16-2016 @ 10:39 AM
  I have 1937 ford pu basketcase . I would like to know if I could buy a assembly manual with instructions to put it back togather thanks Larry T

ken ct.    -- 01-16-2016 @ 9:09 PM
  Sorry but these are not kit cars and Ford never sold them with an "Assembly Manual" as you call it. Separate books are issued for most likely a dozen diff. areas on the car. You kind of have to have 1 for each section your working on. Good luck. ken ct.

trjford8    -- 01-17-2016 @ 8:17 AM
  The Early Ford V-8 Club has published a book on the '37 passenger cars. This will help you with your chassis and running gear as the passenger car chassis is virtually the same as the pickup.This book can be purchased on the front page of this website or by calling the V-8 Accessories at 707-226-5256 from 8;00am-6:0pm PST.

nelsb01    -- 01-17-2016 @ 8:21 AM
  Depending on your definition of basket case.........
You will certainly find the 1937 Ford Book that the Early Ford V-8 Club publishes as some help. Everything from the radiator, brakes, drive train, and engine will be covered in that book. Half ton pickups and passenger cars mechanically were the same. Now there will be similarities with fender mounting, but the book will only discuss passenger car bodies, BUT they were basically all assembled the same, so you will learn something.
If you are going to keep it as a stock vehicle, then the book will be very helpful.
It can be purchased from the online store at this site.

Good luck, the 1935, 1936, and 1937 Ford pickups are good looking vehicles.

alanwoodieman    -- 01-18-2016 @ 11:42 AM
  one of the best things you can do is look in the V8 yearly member roster and find the closest 37 pu you can and call and go look, take pictures, ask questions. A "go-by" is better than most books. I would also get the club book on 37

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=9301