Topic: Floor Mat for 1946 Pickup Truck ?

ersatz    -- 12-27-2012 @ 12:23 PM
  I've got a 1946 Ford 1/2 Ton Pickup.

Does anyone know a vendor who carries a Floor Mat that has padding on the bottom?

trjford8    -- 12-27-2012 @ 6:19 PM
  Check with C and G Parts in Escondido, Ca. They would know if they are available.

supereal    -- 12-28-2012 @ 9:32 AM
  I know that C&G shows a mat for 38-47 pickups as item# A-4009, $149. The catalog doesn't mention whether there is padding. We use carpet padding of the type for home installation, if needed. Cut to fit, leaving a margin at the edges so the carpet will lay flat. The padding can be attached using a good spray adhesive, such as 3M. Spray both pieces, allow to get tacky and carefully position the padding.

ersatz    -- 12-28-2012 @ 4:20 PM
  I checked with C&G and no Go. I suppose I'll have to go with Supereal's suggestion. I thought about doing something similar with Indoor/Outdoor carpeting. I'll give it some more thought before the season begins.

Thanks again guys for your help! Have a Great New Year!

rawlir    -- 12-28-2012 @ 5:57 PM
  Did you check with Bob Drake Ford Parts or Labaron Bonney?

trjford8    -- 12-28-2012 @ 6:17 PM
  You might check the vendors section on the front page of this site and start calling them. Some vendor may have one sitting on the shelf. Try All Ford Parts in Campbell, Ca. or The Early Ford Store in San Dimas, Ca.

supereal    -- 12-28-2012 @ 8:24 PM
  Indoor-outdoor carpet is too thick, in most cases. Carpet padding is available in various thicknesses. We prefer old padding, as it adapts to floor contours more readily. Most carpet dealers are happy to give it away.

jal9846    -- 12-29-2012 @ 6:37 PM
  I would try Mac's Antique Auto Parts in Lockport, NY. I am restoring a 46 F1 now, and purchased the mat in December 2011. At the time, I had called a few places, including the always helpful Midwest Early Ford. Brian from Midwest informed me that there was an upcoming supply problem with these mats, as the vendor was looking to make a new die (old die is very worn out). However, upon calling around, Macs did have several in stock...and price was the best of any other vendor. That was one year ago...not sure if they still have any. To your other question, yes this mat comes with padding in the box...but NOT attached. You need to glue the padding to the mat, once you have fit it...it's very simple and can be done with 3M spray adhesive. Mat was very good quality, and fit like a glove even perfectly around the stock floor shifter tower. Try Mac's and best of luck!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=5562