Topic: HORN BELL COVER

jameson5938    -- 03-19-2012 @ 3:21 PM
  I removed the two horns from my 37 Ford Pickup (Deluxe accessories package). The Horn Bell covers are chrome on the deluxe models, but mine were in not so great shape - several splits around the edge as I would imagine being this old. I ordered a new pair as I was told they had the Sparton imprint. When I received the new ones, the label is different! Now I am not even sure if what I took off the pickup is correct or if what I ordered is correct or ANY of them! The original ones COULD be off a car or different year!! WHo knows what may have been changed! The ones that are original say, "SPARTON C-L6" and below in smaller print - "JACKSON, MICH. MADE IN U.S.A." ALSO - the original bell covers are ENGRAVED into the metal and the new ones are embossed. The new ones say, "SPARTON - CL - 4" and below - "JACKSON MICH. Can SOMEONE please tell me what is correct for my 37 Pickup and what is the other for???

James A. Westbrook

This message was edited by jameson5938 on 3-22-12 @ 1:24 PM

supereal    -- 03-20-2012 @ 9:51 AM
  C&G lists the horn covers as 40-13809 for all horns, '33 thru '37, pickup and car. They come in two types, left and right hand. Their catalog shows them as "Sparton-CL4". Replacement horns for the same year are shown as RH and LH, either 6 or 12 volts. Due to exposure, many horns warrant replacement instead of covers. Ford used different vendors, so Sparton parts may not fit them all. You can see the various items in the C&G catalog www.cgfordparts.com

bkewin    -- 03-21-2012 @ 5:14 PM
  hey Jameson5938
got a pic of the old horn bell covers? The ones you don't want? I have two nephews that are Spartans from Jackson. Might make interesting stocking stuffers.

Bill

This message was edited by bkewin on 3-21-12 @ 5:15 PM

jameson5938    -- 03-22-2012 @ 6:52 AM
  I appreciate all the info. regarding the horn covers. ANY idea why the original ones have C-L6 on them and replacement are the C-4???
James Westbrook
westbrook4133@att.net

James A. Westbrook

This message was edited by jameson5938 on 3-22-12 @ 1:24 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=4485