Topic: 1939 ford pickup beginner

orange 39    -- 04-25-2011 @ 6:01 PM
  Hi,
I'm still trying to find close up images of a new factory spec pickup. I purchased the Ford Trucks 1905 and up but the pictures are not clear enough to see details.

Who knows what books will show me the good stuff!

For example 39's had both solid rim wheels and artillery style wheels?
Anybody in So Cal know these trucks inside out? please contact me.
Thanks,
DAVE

supereal    -- 04-26-2011 @ 10:43 AM
  There are many manuals and books specific to your truck. For instance, C&G (one of the better vendors) has a shop manual for your truck on page 18 of their catalog, and many other publications that will be very helpful as you begin restoration. Their online catalog is at www.cgfordparts.com Trying to work on a vehicle without reference material usually leads to discouragement, and abandonment of the project. It will be interesting to follow your progress. A tip: when you post pix, reduce them to a manageable size, such as 6X8, etc, and put them in JPEG before you attach them. The attachment with your post is not
usable. As to "artillery" wheels, they were an aftermarket item that could accomodate oversize tires, in most cases. I once owned a '32 coupe with those wheels and big tires. It is usual to find many non-stock modifications on old cars and truck that were added over the years.

Stroker    -- 04-26-2011 @ 11:32 AM
  Dave: Nice decal! Is that on the truck?

Dan

jerry.grayson    -- 04-26-2011 @ 1:59 PM
  The book that you need is "Ford Pickups 1932-1952" by Mack Hils. This book has lots of original Ford factory pictures and many 1939's. 1939 pickups came with only one type of wheels-- the big bolt pattern that was used 1936-1939 in passenger and pickups. see www.mackhils.com

orange 39    -- 05-02-2011 @ 7:24 PM
  Thanks, I will.

orange 39    -- 05-02-2011 @ 7:25 PM
  Yes, it's on the windsheild! I made tee shirts to match it.
Go to my website to see the tee shirt designs if you like it
newportcoasteiders.com

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=2965