Topic: 46 1/2 T Pickup

Idahobob    -- 02-03-2011 @ 12:22 PM
  Finally received my Grandad's pickup today. Big project ahead. I have parts books from Carpenter and Mac's. Any other suggestions? Grandpa had also acquired another flathead 8BA with a larger transmission from a school bus that I now have. Is there a market for this stuff or should I resign it to the back corner?

supereal    -- 02-03-2011 @ 3:53 PM
  There is a market for about any usable old parts since the salvage yards with these cars and trucks are gone. The 8BA adapter between the transmission and engine is always in demand. Any 8BA engine that is intact, with no serious flaws such as block cracks, is also valuable. I assume your school bus tranny is at least a four speed. Anyone with a one ton or bigger truck would be interested. We had one of those laying in our parts shed for a very long time when we sold it to a fellow who was dleighted to get it. You can sell these things here on the Club site. Be sure to state your location, as nearby parts are always easier to sell than those that must be shipped.

Idahobob    -- 02-09-2011 @ 4:52 PM
  Thanks for the info. Once I figure out if the motor in the truck is good or not I'll look at the other one. From what I hear, if the other motor is good I may not want to get rid of it. I keep hearing stories from people that had to get 10 or 12 flat-heads before they found a good one.

supereal    -- 02-10-2011 @ 4:04 PM
  I believe that. We went thru three last year to find one that was good enough to rebuild. Even then, it had to be sleeved due to a lost wristpin lock. Given the cost today, many opt not to spend big money for a first class job, at least until the economy is out of the ditch.

clock47    -- 03-04-2011 @ 12:19 PM
  I am restoring a 1947 1 ton and have had luck finding parts at the following: Joblot Automotive, Inc in New York(joblot@joblotauto.com); Dennis Carpenter (wwwdennis-carpenter.com) in N.C.; Bob Drake (www.bobdrake.com) in Oregon; C$G Early Ford Parts (google for e-mail). I have done ALL work on mine almost back to orig condition, frame off (includes painting - still have to install interior - but have a kit and have to make new wood bed bds) fun never ends! If I can help give me a shout at clock47@yahoo.com

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=2536