Topic: 39 ford 1 1/2 ton stakebody

KEGGER39    -- 01-07-2011 @ 2:24 PM
  I am new to the site and am assembling a 39 ford 1 1/2 ton truck and am looking for basic assembly diagrams on line. any suggestions?

alanwoodieman    -- 01-08-2011 @ 5:48 PM
  you will need two books-one is a chassis parts list, which also shows some body parts, front fenders, etc. and a body parts book from 1939 which will will show the rest

TomO    -- 01-11-2011 @ 8:13 AM
  Kegger39, Ford did not provide assembly diagrams or books for your 39 truck. You will have to use the parts catalog, sales material and this site to get your information.

Please feel free to ask any questions that arise while you are assembling the truck. Some of the members of this site will be able to answer most of your questions, or refer you to a site that may offer additional help with your question.

Tom

KEGGER39    -- 01-11-2011 @ 10:52 AM
  I want to thank you all for the offer for help during the assembly of my 39 ford.Its very refreshing to find people who are willing to take the time to help a fellow truck enthusiast.I'm sure I will have alot of questions along the way. The first of which is the engine color. Does anyone have a ditzler # or dupont anything I can reference a number to? The second is the cab mounts, upon disassembling the truck I found wooden shims under the cab. Is this a factory installed wood shim?

alanwoodieman    -- 01-11-2011 @ 12:15 PM
  having just restored a 41 big truck, yes there are wooden body mounts under the cab, Mac's has those, Northern Classic Trucks has patch panels, Horkey's has bed parts and some patch panels,also go to Chuck's Trucks. What are you looking for? was the truck apart before you got it? lastly other truck owners will be the greatest help, go look at some, take plenty of pictures, where are you geographically?

KEGGER39    -- 01-11-2011 @ 2:07 PM
  .This is a truck I disassembled about a year ago.I have completed all body and paint work.My problem started when I started to work on the frame and discovered that it was cut in half and welded back together.After a few months I located a good frame in northern wisconsin.I am about 30 miles south of duluth, so it was only 40 miles from me.Not only did I find a good frame but also aquired an original ford 12' stakebody to go with it, so my project is back on track, but after a year it's hard to remember all the little nuts and bolts.

alanwoodieman    -- 01-11-2011 @ 3:46 PM
  if it is just nuts and bolts and where they go, one source may be Roy Naceweitz-he advertises on the V8 website-he sells nut and bolt kits identified as to where they belong-he might be able to help

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=2409