Topic: '37 PU dash questions

AZDoug    -- 12-16-2010 @ 11:59 AM
  Hello, I am new here.

I am restoring a '37 pickup that is a mishmash of things, and it came as sort of a basket case.

It has a deluxe cab with the two wipers, but regular front sheetmetal,and someone converted it to hydraulic brakes and sealed beams way, way back when.

But my question is, i do not know what the dash is suppose to look like,as in what goes where.

There are several factory holes in the center of the dash, Some are probably for a choke,and other controls, and some look like they aren't factory, but there is also a strange semi circle of small holes (maybe 1/8" dia), in the cenetr of the dash that maybe held an emblem of some sort?

Any help, or photos would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

AZDoug    -- 12-16-2010 @ 2:37 PM
  Here is a pic of the dash.

You can see the small holes under the two larger holes in the center.

Doug

nelsb01    -- 12-17-2010 @ 10:18 PM
  Well........
Starting left to right:
Small hole is for the starter button
Next two holes are for the gauge clusters -- one for all the maintenance gauges (oil,gas,amps,temp) and the other is for the speedometer
There should not be any other holes there. The extra holes you have to the right of the second big hole are not suppose to be there.
In the center, there are two holes -- one for choke, one for throttle.
And the last hole on the right side is the glovebox.

Hope this helps..........

AZDoug    -- 12-19-2010 @ 2:39 PM
  Yes that does help, thanks. I will weld up the non factory holes to the right of the speedo.

Any idea an the semi circle of little hole between and below the choke and throttle holes? They are too uniform to be some bubba modification.

Thanks,
Doug

nelsb01    -- 12-19-2010 @ 2:51 PM
  I would not want to speculate. I was just referring to the factory holes -- as it was stamped from the stamping plant.
After 74 years, your guess is as good as mine.

trjford8    -- 12-19-2010 @ 8:30 PM
  The hole(s) between the choke and throttle may have been the mounting holes for an ash tray. They made accessory(aftermarket) ash trays that bolted flat to the dash.

37pickupford    -- 01-29-2011 @ 12:35 PM
  I will take a picture of my dash if you want to see it before it is restored. On mine, someone added a key just to the right of the speedo. Mine aloso has a hole just above and to the right of the glove box for heater switch.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=2311