Topic: paint colors

kcorrill    -- 08-10-2010 @ 4:44 PM
  I would like to know what different paint colors was for the 37 Ford truck. And where can I get information on these color,

supereal    -- 08-10-2010 @ 5:33 PM
  If you are a Club member, you can contact the advisers from info in the V8 TIMES. It should be noted that there were a few "standard" colors dealers could order for floor stock. However, trucks could be factory ordered with a range of colors, often to match a company's scheme., if required.

CharlieStephens    -- 08-10-2010 @ 6:45 PM
  Post your question on fordbarn.com. If I remember correctly there was someone on that site putting together a book on trucks of about your year. I have a '37 coupe, if I had a truck I probably would have paid more attention.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 8-10-10 @ 6:45 PM

nelsb01    -- 08-11-2010 @ 7:08 AM
  Hera are the paint colors (name only) from DuPont for 1937. There were very few changes between passenger cars and trucks.
Washington Blue
Bright Vineyard Green
Bright Coach Maroon
Autumn Brown
Gull Grey
Vermillion Red (commercial and truck)
Black

As stated above, commercial vehicles could also be painted in fleet colors for special orders.

CharlieStephens    -- 08-11-2010 @ 10:02 AM
  According to the club's 1937 Ford Book for passenger cars in addition to the colors listed in the above post you could also get Desert Sand (west coast only), Turquoise Blue (spring color), Dalmation Green (spring color), Silverwing Gray (spring color) and Adobe Tan (spring color). The spring colors tended to be lighter and brighter (which is better for covering imperfections in the body) . Color chips (with the usual disclaimers about matching) are available in the club's book on the 1937 Fords.

Charlie Stephens

kcorrill    -- 08-24-2010 @ 10:46 PM
  Thank you all very much for your reply. the truck will be washington blue black fenders. THANKS angain

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=1693