Topic: 1941 ford pick up hood

rookie41    -- 03-09-2022 @ 8:20 PM
  I am building a 1041 ford pick up and the hood fit is terrible. I am not sure what my problem is I hope someone could coach me through it. Thanks

trjford8    -- 03-12-2022 @ 7:06 AM
  By fitting terrible what do you mean. #1 are you sure you have the correct hood? Where is the fit problem? At the cowl? or the fit at the fenders? are you sure you have the correct hinges? If you can show a photo on here it would help.

rookie41    -- 03-12-2022 @ 2:11 PM
  I am almost sure I have a 40 truck hood and fenders. The grill is a aftermarket that has cavalier on the center where the latch goes. I have hinges from Dennis Carpenter. The fit I hate to say is bad pretty much all around, I got a set of new inner fenders form Carpenter as well, just to try to get back to zero. The cowl does fit Great though maybe I am asking to much of this ol Truck. I sure will get some pictures of it and I do appreciate any insight I could get.

trjford8    -- 03-14-2022 @ 7:10 AM
  photos would help. Need to see photos of the hood, the latch mechanism in the hood, and the latch brace in the grille. The general rule is to fit the hood to the cowl first. Pickup and passenger car inner fenders are the same. Passenger front fenders are different than pickup front fenders where they bolt to the cowl. Photos of the front fenders where they would bolt to the cowl would also be helpful.

rookie41    -- 03-14-2022 @ 3:44 PM
  I worked on it all day today, I really did not get any where, I have got to get some pictures to move forward. Did you get the message i sent you.

trjford8    -- 03-16-2022 @ 6:56 AM
  Yes got the message, but only one photo.

rustedorrotting    -- 07-13-2022 @ 9:39 AM
  I also am finishing my 41 1/2 ton commercial and getting the whole hood/fender thing to align is a chore. You start by installing the hood first and when you are happy with the fit, you install the fenders to meet the hood. Make sure the hood is level when you install it. Also i put brackets at the front of the fenders from the frame to the fender. This allowed me to adjust the height of the fenders individually. and I adjusted the original v shaped bracket so it would fit the fender's

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=15524