Topic: 1940 ½ t truck

Kulu    -- 07-10-2021 @ 4:39 PM
  h*llo
I have an 1940 Ford truck basket case. the body is in pretty good shape with no rust beside a little in the front part of the floor board. The bed is good beside the floor which is pretty rusty, the tailgate is good. I have all fenders also in good shape as well as the hood. There is no drive train. Someone is bugging me about selling it, what can I reasonably ask for it?
thank you very much for your time and help

51504bat    -- 07-10-2021 @ 8:13 PM
  Way too many unanswered questions. Title? Where are you located? Interior, glass, gauges, etc. If it as as rust free and the fenders are as good as you say that is a plus. P/u truck fenders usually have seen better days. Photos would be a big help. And remember the price usually depends on what the buyer is willing to pay.

Kulu    -- 07-12-2021 @ 12:45 AM
  Thanks
Yes on title. No on any interior. Rear fenders are nice
Thank you

trjford8    -- 07-12-2021 @ 7:55 AM
  A nice clean set of rear fenders that need no body work for a '40 pickup will bring at least $1000. Nice ones are tough to find and command some serious money. Not actually seeing what you have is difficult to place a value on the rest of the truck.

1931 Flamingo    -- 07-12-2021 @ 11:06 AM
  NO title needed if just a body. JMO
Paul in CT

Kulu    -- 07-12-2021 @ 5:45 PM
  It’sa rolling chassis, cab with doors, no interior or glass. Complete bed with tailgate, bar bed floor, 4 nice fenders

51504bat    -- 07-12-2021 @ 8:48 PM
  Local Craigslist here in inland SoCal has a bare cab for $2500 with no doors. Another add lists doors for $200.00 each. And finally, another seller wants $500.00 for a pair of front fenders. So you be the judge what a titled rolling chassis p/u is worth. If it were mine and its condition is as you say I wouldn't let it go for less than 8 grand. Some may say that's too much but '40/'41 p/u's are a hot ticket right now. If the guy who is bugging you to sell it really wants it he'll pay that or more. Or he might just want to get it for scr*p price and then flip it. JMO

Kulu    -- 07-15-2021 @ 5:40 PM
  Thank you very much. That is really helpful and actually an eye opener. I didn’t realize the parts alone go for this much. Thank you.
I think I should really keep it for myself

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=14991