Topic: 1945 pick up. Cab fixing and parking brake cable r

Kevinskuce    -- 07-15-2020 @ 1:26 PM
  Just joined England regional group. Hoping to contribute and receive some help if possible please.
We have a 1945 half ton pick up which we are preserving. It’s had some changes made to it over the years as most farm trucks have, so it’s not completely original. I decided to fast track the chasis mechanicals which cost me a small fortune in a shop but I am doing the body build with my son and a mate.
When the shop stripped the truck down there were not enough pictures and labelling of parts so my first issues are what fixings and springs do I use in each of the 6 (I think it is) Cab to chassis bolting points.
We also need to know the route right from the hand lever, for the parking brake cable which I need to source. The back axle is newer than the truck unfortunately so I think I’m going to have to splice 2 types. I have a back Cable section which I can use.
Any pictures would be appreciated.
Is there a workshop manual or similar for this truck?
Thanks in advance.
Kevin
PS picture below is our truck as it arrived home. Mechanical parts have been fully reconditioned but kept Generally as they were on arrival. The truck will look like this when we have finished too as we plan to clear coat the body.

alanwoodieman    -- 07-15-2020 @ 2:25 PM
  1/2 ton pick up cabs are virtually the same from 1940 thru 1947. the fenders and fender mounts changed, dash and other parts did not. I have a 3/4 ton 41 truck like your 45--same frame/drivetrain and I use a 9" Ford truck from 1968 so I can go faster. front park brake cable goes down to under the cab to a sort of contraption of levers to make the rear brakes work for parking. I will try to take pictures you want when I can get it on a lift

alanwoodieman    -- 07-15-2020 @ 2:31 PM
  more brake/frame/rear axle. my frame is longer than yours 122" vs 114" but it is built the same

Kevinskuce    -- 07-15-2020 @ 10:55 PM
  Thanks for those pictures Alan. I see how that swivel bracket works now. If you have any pics under dash of cable and hand brake and it’s route thru the firewall Also under the cab showing the sprung cab bolts coming thru under the fuel tank seat area, that would be great! Thanks again. Truck looks great.
Kevin

alanwoodieman    -- 07-16-2020 @ 4:45 PM
  40 tonner of another truck guy. I do not have any under truck mount pictures, I will try to get some this week end. if there are other pictures you want let me know before then

Kevinskuce    -- 07-17-2020 @ 7:42 AM
  Thanks Alan. If we can get views on top and especially bottom of cab and buck mounts inc springs etc. On the cab these all go thru wooden blocks. 8 holes for the cab actually I think I said 6 earlier. Much appreciated. Please don’t worry if awkward. Thanks
Kevin

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=14006