Topic: 1947 Fender Trim Part Number

len47merc    -- 04-12-2016 @ 2:14 PM
  Need some documentation/reference help - please advise the correct part number designation for the wider, ~60 1/2" long (bottom-of-the-two longer) molding trim for the right front fender of a '47 Merc. I do not have a Mercury parts catalog for '46-'48 to reference and greatly appreciate any help you may be able to provide. Recall this being discussed previously but I could not find the discussion thread after a thorough search. Thanks in advance -

Steve

TomO    -- 04-13-2016 @ 7:00 AM
  The P/N is 59A 16168. It is the same from 46-48.

Did you ever heck with Shirley Brownlee for your moldings? 404-906-7481

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 4-13-16 @ 7:03 AM

len47merc    -- 04-13-2016 @ 7:41 AM
  Thanks Tom for your reply. I have not previously checked with Shirley Brownlee but have now called and left a message. Will update once I've heard back.

The strip on the car currently is too badly flattened to be repairable/restore-able, so am back to the search for the holy grail of molding trim.

Thanks again Tom -

Steve

len47merc    -- 04-13-2016 @ 2:42 PM
  Tom,

Spoke with Mrs. Brownlee today and given she and her late husband were known as 'Mr. & Mrs. Mercury' she was quite supportive and sympathetic to the cause. She and her son and I believe son-in-law are searching through the barns and rusting relics to see if they can find a piece in any workable condition. She indicated all of their Mercury NOS stock as well as used trim pieces, of which they had quite an inventory of 5 years or so ago, were all sold to her knowledge prior to Mr. Brownlee's passing (also about 5 years ago).

I'll let you know what they find on the 'back forty'. Sincere thanks for the tip -

Steve

This message was edited by len47merc on 4-13-16 @ 5:04 PM

Chris.NZ    -- 04-17-2016 @ 3:32 PM

SORRY SOLD.

This message was edited by Chris.NZ on 4-20-16 @ 10:01 PM

len47merc    -- 04-24-2016 @ 1:32 PM
  Thanks anyway Chris. Still 'tinking' with homemade tools and looking for the part locally/stateside as well. Actually thought it was irreparable but after hours of patience am finding there is hope after all. Not to the point of filing yet but the form and profile are taking shape and after working through 1+ foot of the damage the original curvature is back (naturally) to fit the fender.

Keeping the faith, tinking and still searching in NC... Thanks again.

Steve

This message was edited by len47merc on 4-24-16 @ 1:33 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=9579