Topic: 1949 Mercury Convertible Coupe

phibbert    -- 02-21-2014 @ 1:56 PM
  Dear fellow members. I am looking to buy the 4 gang window switch mounting plate that secures the switch to LH door panel. Also, a pair of door bottom rubber seals to rockers & vertical windscreen post rubber seals set. Any leads to suppliers would be appreciated. Regards, Peter Hibbert. AUSTRALIA.

supereal    -- 02-22-2014 @ 12:02 PM
  C&G shows a door seal kit for the 49-51 Merc convertible as item 8M-7620530-S. $120.00 US Their online catalog is at www.cgfordparts.com Can't help with the switch plate. It will likely have to be fabricated. As you probably know, finding convertible parts can be very difficult, due to the fact that open cars are usually low production models.

phibbert    -- 02-22-2014 @ 1:22 PM
  Dear Sir. Thank you for your response. I have fine door seals other than the bottom seal that Kyle Allen says is not separately serviced. It may be best to order the full kit 8M-7620530-S to get the bottom rubber? Yes; Conv` parts likened to 'HENS TEETH"! Kind regards. Peter. AU.

rotorwrench    -- 02-22-2014 @ 2:30 PM
  I'm not sure if any of the reproduction parts vendors sell an exact reproduction of the door seals. I've heard that some are selling kits that are basically the same as the Ford passenger cars use. The bottom seal was the most complex one in the set. I have no experience with the model 76 convertibles but they should just be an abbreviated version of the model 72 6-passenger coupe type seals. The area in the front lower corner and rear lower corners of the 4-door models is the part that most folks have problems with. A person may just have to do the best job they can with the parts that are currently available.

phibbert    -- 02-22-2014 @ 3:03 PM
  Dear Sir. Thank you. I have e-mailed Kyle of C & G & await response. I will strip the old original semi-perished seals & seek close matching standard rubber sections from local suppliers. There is always a satisfactory improvisation if determination exists. I never quit on a project. Kind regards...Peter...AU.

phibbert    -- 06-21-2014 @ 5:33 PM
  Dear Sir. I bought the 49-51 Mercury door seal kit from Carpenters & it only suits my 51 Ford Victoria. In fact, the installation sheet denotes "FORD". I will persist to improvise with a possible local similar section. Thanks again. Peter. AU.

phibbert    -- 06-21-2014 @ 5:34 PM
  Please read my response to this as the last item on this page. Thanks guys for trying to assist. Kind regards & keep on FORDIN`. Peter. AU.

TomO    -- 06-23-2014 @ 9:01 AM
  Peter,

Joblot shows the Mercury convertible door seals in their catalog. I have no experience with it, so I don't know if it will fit.

I suggest that you contact Gene Napoliello, the Club's 49-51 Adviser, before you purchase another part that you cannot use. He may be able to give you some help or send you to someone that can help.

Tom

phibbert    -- 06-28-2014 @ 9:29 PM
  G`day Tom. I will contact him. Thanks again.Cheers.Peter.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=7054