Topic: 1942 Mercury: Search

donna5    -- 03-24-2011 @ 3:23 PM
  I hope this is a starting point on my search for a friend's 1942 Mercury coupe which he sold in W. Danville, VT in 1974. Recent information says the purchaser moved out of that area in the late 70's, possibly relocating to the Seattle area. I'm awaiting photos of the vehicle which had a custom grille and was painted burgundy. If anyone can point me in a direction here I'd be grateful.

tbirdhandyman    -- 07-27-2011 @ 7:10 PM
  Go to www.the-lost-car-registry.com and follow the instructions. I am using them to try and locate my original '57 Thunderbird, which I traded in back in 1960. Good Luck!

Tbirdhandyman

donna5    -- 08-24-2012 @ 12:22 PM
  Guess it's been a while since I was on this site - thanks so much for the info - I'll check it out. And good luck with you search too

richmv8    -- 10-10-2012 @ 3:11 PM
  Hi Donna5,

I believe we corresponded about this car search of yours some time back and you didn't have many details. Did you ever locate the car and current owner out west? If not, did you try contacting Dave Setness in Medford, Oregon? He has had a 3 Passenger (model 77) coupe and a Sedan-Coupe (model 72) over the past few years. Not sure if he still has both or either.

Send private email to me if you find out more or can give me an update for use in my ongoing registry project (1942 Mercury International Registry). As previously discussed, so many years have passed that this car may no longer be in existence due to wrecks or part out salvage.

These are extremely rare cars, especially if you find one in running condition. I have found less than 60 worldwide over the past 8 years, including parts cars and salvage hulks. Latest discovery was one (incomplete) in V8 Times classified For Sale section for July/Aug 2012.

I invite all V8 Club members to contact me if they have knowledge of any TRUE 1942 year model Mercurys that they have actually seen (NOT '42 Fords please, nor '41 Mercs, nor '46-'48 Mercs!). I need model and original factory VIN frame serial number (*99Axxxxxx*) plus car location and owner contact information. All is kept private. This is not for any commercial activity.

Good hunting and best regards,

RichMV8

supereal    -- 10-10-2012 @ 4:11 PM
  In 1994 there was a Federal law enacted regarding "privacy rights" that effectively forbid the exchange of registration information. This prevents anyone from tracing ther long lost" vehicles.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=2800