Topic: V-8 Times - March/April 2010

tbirdhandyman    -- 05-24-2010 @ 7:47 PM
  Please look on page 1 of this magazine and you will see a photo of my wife's '41 Mercury that I restored. It was a gift to her for our 50th wedding anniversary. The photo was taken with our National President, Arel and his wife Barb and me on the first shakedown trip in the finished car. I have since driven to Paris, TX to the 37th Texas Tour (730 miles total) where it received the people's choice award for the open Mercuries, 1939/1953. Tbirdhandyman

supereal    -- 05-25-2010 @ 10:16 AM
  Robert: That is a splendid '41 Merc convertible. Having restored a convertible (a'47), I admire the amount of searching and work it takes to get the job done. I'm a couple of years younger than you, and I'm not sure I still have the vitality to take on a project like that. It would be grand to see some in-progress photos, as well as a V8 TIMES cover of that rare car. (Hint to Jerry W.)

trjford8    -- 05-25-2010 @ 6:49 PM
  Great car! Taking on a 41 Merc project is a big effort as many parts are very special to that year and difficult to find. It's great to see someone restore a Merc. You also get a big hand for being married for 50 years and giving your wife such a great gift. She must be a car lover just like my wife. Mine's been around for 46 years and she still loves old Ford V-8's and the people who own them.

supereal    -- 05-26-2010 @ 9:24 AM
  Tom: I've been married (to the same woman) for 55 years, and she learned from the beginning that I was a car addict. We developed a system for addressing the "problem". When I buy a car or parts, etc, she determines the amount at stake and requires an equal amount for her pursuits. That is why I drive a pickup, and she has a Lexus!

ford38v8    -- 05-26-2010 @ 11:14 AM
  Ah, come on, Bob, you didn't tell the whole truth! That's some pickup you have there!

Alan

supereal    -- 05-26-2010 @ 11:31 AM
  It's still a pickup, Alan. I am allowed (commanded) to wash and wax her car, however.

trjford8    -- 05-26-2010 @ 8:33 PM
  Bob, I get to wash and wax Pam's car too!

supereal    -- 05-27-2010 @ 9:23 AM
  I suspect we are all "well trained". No one makes it close to, or past, 50 years of wedded "bliss" without learning the most important words in the matrimonial handbook": Yes, Dear!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=1296