Topic: 40 Interior

ronnie    -- 02-22-2016 @ 2:21 PM
  Can anyone tell me if this B-pillar is done correctly for a 1940 ford standard 2 door.
Thanks
Ronnie

kubes40    -- 02-23-2016 @ 4:44 AM
  Not only is the B pillar done incorrectly, the interior cloth is quite incorrect.
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

trjford8    -- 02-23-2016 @ 7:58 AM
  Definitely not done correctly.

ronnie    -- 02-24-2016 @ 2:13 AM
  Thanks Mike and trjford,
My flash on my camera is making the material look that way. It is the 15_41 for seats and A-806 for the headliner. The headliner came with the piece of seat material sewed onto the B-pillar. Could the headliner be for a deluxe? Might be for a different year.
Thanks again
Ronnie

TomO    -- 02-24-2016 @ 6:40 AM
  The sidewall material for a 40 Ford does not have stripes. The sidewall material should meet the headliner at the line near the top of the door and window.

I do not have a Tudor interior photo on this computer, but here is a link to a brochure drawing of the Fordor interior. The Ford Tudor interior would be similar.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.org/NA/Ford/1940_Ford/1940-Ford-Prestige-Brochure/1940-Ford-Prestige-10-11

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 2-24-16 @ 6:47 AM

ronnie    -- 02-24-2016 @ 7:06 AM
  Thanks for the reply Tom

The interior cloth sample that LeBaron Bonney sent me shows that a 40 standard coupe and the 39 and 40 deluxe models have the soild [no stripes] material on the side panels,and the 40 standard tudor and fordor sedans have the same material on the side panels as on the seats[with stripes]. I need to question them about this also. Thanks for the information.
Ronnie

TomO    -- 02-24-2016 @ 7:26 AM
  I do not remember stripes on the 1940 Ford interior. I think that they may have sent you 41 samples.

I believe that the 40 had 2 materials available for the Ford, taupe broadcloth and taupe bedford cord.

If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Tom

ronnie    -- 02-24-2016 @ 2:33 PM
  Thanks Tom,
I'll keep digging,maybe someone knows or has a picture of how a 40 standard tudor interior is suppose to look.

Thanks again
Ronnie

trjford8    -- 02-25-2016 @ 8:30 AM
  Ronnie, see if LB will send you a copy of their 40 tudor installation instruction sheet. That will give you an idea of what the panels look like and how they are installed. They can also send you a complete list of sample material for the tudor deluxe.

kubes40    -- 02-25-2016 @ 9:05 AM
  Ronnie,
The interior shown in your photo is just plain incorrect. The seat material is incorrect, the side panel material is incorrect. Neither are even close to authentic in appearance. The method utilized to finish the B pillar is incorrect. The method utilized to join the ends of the windlace at the corner is incorrect.
The head liner material appears to be correct but is installed quite loose.
I, like others before me, would urge you to contact LB and request samples for your year and model.
Respectfully, Mike Kubarth

ronnie    -- 02-25-2016 @ 2:19 PM
  Thanks Mike and trjford8,

I got in touch with the technical dept at LeBarron Bonney and am waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks again

Ronnie

ronnie    -- 02-27-2016 @ 2:01 AM
  Thanks to everyone for the help on my interior. LeBarron Bonney recognized there was a problem and even though I bought the kit over a 1 1/2 yr. ago and just had it installed, they are going to make it all good.
What other company would do that. Great people to deal with also. If all the companies that you have to deal with when restoring a car were like that it would be a whole lot easier.
Thanks again
Ronnie

trjford8    -- 02-27-2016 @ 7:38 AM
  I think it is great that LB is standing behind their product. I'm just surprised that the kit was sent out wrong in the first place. Just for information if you paid to have the kit installed I would question the installers qualifications based on the installation of the headliner. It's very loose. If LB sent the wrong headliner then that could explain the looseness of the material. The corners where the windlace meets at the top corners of the doors is also installed wrong.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 2-27-16 @ 7:40 AM

ronnie    -- 02-27-2016 @ 2:05 PM
  Thanks trjford8,
I have pointed these out to the upholsterer.I may have to find another one,this guy has done several cars for me but never nothing this old and original.It would still be nice if someone had a picture of the headliner in a 40 standard tudor.It would ease my mind
Thanks
Ronnie

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=9411