Topic: Deluxe Glove Box:

fortyford    -- 09-20-2015 @ 9:52 PM
  I ordered a deluxe glove box (part # 01A-7008010-B) from DC and I thought there was suppose to be an extra hole for the clock wire.I thought WRONG!Is there an extra hole for the wire and where is it suppose to be located?The quality looks good and the inside lining looks correct.I am not sure how the clock wire goes?

kubes40    -- 09-21-2015 @ 5:35 AM
  I don't know of anyone that sells a correct glove box liner anymore. As you've noted, Carpeneter's are certainly incorrect.
I would suggest you install the hole and brass grommet yourself. Easy enough to do.
Although sad that it is necessary...
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

fortyford    -- 09-21-2015 @ 5:45 AM
  Kube,where is the hole suppose to be located?What size is it?Where do you get the brass grommet that is suppose to be used?Do you have a photo for example?Also,I seen this discussed somewhere before,but can you please tell me how the clips go that hold the box in?

This message was edited by fortyford on 9-21-15 @ 6:18 AM

woodiewagon46    -- 09-21-2015 @ 8:19 AM
  You can get just about any size brass grommet from McMaster-Carr. Just log onto their site and enter "brass grommets" and choose the one you need. Sorry I can't help with the hole location.

kubes40    -- 09-21-2015 @ 8:55 AM
  The hole for the clock wire (grommet) is approximately in line with the left hole for the hinge bolt. It is located about 1 5/8" rearward of that left hinge bolt hole - center to center.
The inside diameter of the grommet is about 1/4", the OD, about 3/4".

You can obtain grommet kits at any hobby shop - Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. The kits are cheap and easy to utilize.

I have attached a photo, albeit not of the best quality, that should at the very least give you an idea of what you need to replicate.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 9-21-15 @ 8:58 AM

fortyford    -- 09-21-2015 @ 9:06 AM
  Thanks Kube.Can you give me some info on how the installation clips go.I know this was discussed somewhere before?Also,what does the ground wire connect to?

This message was edited by fortyford on 9-21-15 @ 5:19 PM

plymboy    -- 09-21-2015 @ 10:08 AM
  One more thing that is not mentioned...the rear vertical card board is not covered in fabric (Deluxe models)...just plain back card board. I dont think any of the recent repro's have the brass wire gromment or plain back rear card board. As mentioned in other past posts Standard models are "all" black card board

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=9001