Topic: Glass Bugs

kenburke    -- 08-06-2015 @ 3:28 PM
  Hi Mike, Question on location. On the rear windows? inner or outer corner? and which one reads normal versus mirror image. On the wind wing? Any? And if so where? I am assuming the bugs read normally from the passenger side? The sometimes on the inside...., per the current/old book does not provide a correct answer. I might as well ask about the windshield. Thanks

kubes40    -- 08-07-2015 @ 5:34 AM
  Hi Ken,
By coincidence, I had just "bugged" a set of glass for a '40 coupe yesterday.
Each & every piece of glass was identified.
The “bug” would read properly from the right-outside and the left-inside of the vehicle. There was only one exception to this - that being the convertible club coupe rear windshield. That particular piece of glass could have been installed with the "bug" read properly from the inside or outside of the vehicle.
Your reference to placement on the rear windows...did you mean the rear windshields? If so, the bug is at the outer - lower corner.
Hope this helps,
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 8-7-15 @ 2:23 PM

plymboy    -- 08-07-2015 @ 11:12 AM
  Mike I think ya got that backwards...the pass side should read on the outside and the drivers side on the inside. This was a standard set by SAE There is a tutorial on this from Roy Nacewitz..Tom

kenburke    -- 08-07-2015 @ 1:31 PM
  FYI, On right/left side, I personally have a problem with that so I say driver versus passenger side for American cars. This keeps some my confusion down. And Mike I did not know the two back small windows were windshield. So, yes its those guys, I think. Thanks Again. Wait, the small front vent windows. What about them? Mike, I have a Tudor sedan but I was under the impression on the convertible there was one window at the rear. So when you say windshield, it means??? I did not intend to confuse myself, but I am pretty good at it.

kubes40    -- 08-07-2015 @ 2:25 PM
  Tom, YOU are correct of course. This is what happens when I attempt to answer questions at 5AM. Lesson learned here is I need to fully awaken and then take a stab at answering questions.
Thanks for catching that so quickly.
My apology for any confusion...

Kind regards,
Mike

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=8832