Topic: What goes on the floor?

wmgmitchell    -- 02-27-2014 @ 6:56 AM
  Mike, what material, if any, goes on the floor beneath the package tray of the five window coupe? If there is something, who sells it?

Much obliged.

Bill

kubes40    -- 02-27-2014 @ 5:28 PM
  Bill, There was a heavy weight tar paper under the package shelf. If memory serves, it was 21" from the trunk separator panels - forward. Modern roofing paper is very similar. If that's the route you take, I'd suggest going to a professional roofing supply place and getting HEAVY paper, not the poopy sold at Builders Square, etc.
On each side of the seat there was a rubber "filler" mat. Under the seat was simply the bare floor.
I have attached a photo that I hopes helps a bit. If you desire others (side fillers, etc.) let me know.
Kind regards,
Mike

ford38v8    -- 02-27-2014 @ 7:27 PM
  Mike, while I'm sure that poopy paper is available, good old fashioned standard roofing paper comes designated as 15lb or 30 lb.

Alan

bobgrice    -- 02-28-2014 @ 2:23 PM
  Mike, I would appreciate a photo or two of the rubber filler mats. Was the area behind the seats in a Business Coupe carpeted? Would this be the same carpet that's used on the bottom of the door panels in a Lebaron Bonney kit? Many thanks.

kubes40    -- 02-28-2014 @ 4:21 PM
  Bob, I have attached a photo that I hope gives you an idea of what those filler mats look like.
I may be able to dig a set up and send a detail photo if you like.
Authentic filler mats are nearly nonexistent.The few sets I have found crumbled in my hands due to age. Plus, they were "blackened" with age. I have reproduced these with the correct grain, color, etc. but it's costly.
The main issue is getting the correct grain pattern and color.
There was carpeting on the floor in the rear seat area of a business coupe. I am not certain what LB sells for this but I would think it different than what is on the bottom of the doors.

kubes40    -- 02-28-2014 @ 4:32 PM
  Duplicate posting

This message was edited by kubes40 on 3-1-14 @ 9:41 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=7070