Topic: DSO Special colors could be had?

Kenneth M.    -- 10-02-2013 @ 2:49 PM
  I worked in Lorain Ford Assembly plant in the early 60. I seen special colors painted on cars that were ordered special. One was for Junior Johnson the race car driver and for other drivers and certain people. One color was Mother of pearl paint. Not back in the earlier days I guess this was done also. Have you found any information about this in the 1940? I worked in paint we even painted our lunch boxes with the Mother of pearl paint because it was different to the normal.

Kenneth M. Stewart

ford38v8    -- 10-02-2013 @ 4:01 PM
  Whether or not someone comes up with information on special colors for any year in answer to this question, You'll find that on the EFV8 Concourse, an owner would be required to show documentation that his car originally had been painted that special color, at penalty of point deduction for lack of that documentation. This goes not only for paint colors, but for any deviation from authorized equipment or accessories.

Alan

40 Coupe    -- 10-03-2013 @ 8:08 AM
  As Alan has mentioned above, I seem to recall Ford providing white cars for the 1940 Parade of Roses. Ford often took photos, for their records, of the cars they provided on special orders for fleets.

kubes40    -- 10-03-2013 @ 1:47 PM
  There is NO doubt "special" colors were utilized upon 1940 Fords. Even with fairly strict guidelines in place as to when this was made available there is also no doubt many vehicles / buyers circumnavigated the rules and received "one offs".
regardless, the advice offered by Alan is right on the money... unless you have documentation that proves this is the case with your vehicle, it will be considered incorrect upon the concourse.
Also, just a word of advice - when it comes time to sell the car, an incorrect color will nearly always detract from the value.

Kenneth M.    -- 10-07-2013 @ 6:30 AM
  It is common knowledge that if special or DSO colors or items you must prove. My question was in your research have you ever found any facts or information on this. That all.

Kenneth M. Stewart

kubes40    -- 10-07-2013 @ 1:01 PM
  The only specific documentation that I have ever seen i this regard was for fleet purchases. That is, an order of five or more vehicles at one time. Some companies were allowed special colors on less than five units per order but there were stipulations for that "rule" as well. namely, they had to purchase a minimum specified TOTAL number of vehicles within a model year.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=6573