Topic: 1940 sedan delivery

vwtinman    -- 07-26-2013 @ 9:12 PM
  Just brought home a new project. Got a pair of iron pieces O1A-7844636 and 7844637. What are they?

TomO    -- 07-27-2013 @ 7:18 AM
  I was unable to find those P/N in the body parts catalog. I suggest that you post a photo of the parts that you want identified.

Tom

vwtinman    -- 07-27-2013 @ 10:49 AM
  Thanks Tom! Here's a photo. I thought at first they were for the seats however, they are probably structural attaching to the wood.

deuce_roadster    -- 07-28-2013 @ 8:35 AM
  Many moons ago I used to have a 40 delivery and I think those pieces go in the back corners with the small part that is at a right angle on the bottom, the long piece pointed up. Hold them in there and see if you can find where the 2 screws match up with holes in the floor or floor bracing. Might be all wrong with my memory but those do look familiar.

vwtinman    -- 07-28-2013 @ 10:16 AM
  I've held and turned in every conceivable direction and I can't see how they fit at the back. I'll maybe try placing all the loose wood back in and see if I can see if it makes more sense. Thanks for the idea.

vwtinman    -- 07-28-2013 @ 10:20 AM
  I've held and turned in every conceivable direction and I can't see how they fit at the back. I'll maybe try placing all the loose wood back in and see if I can see if it makes more sense. Thanks for the idea.

cpipp01@aol.com    -- 07-30-2013 @ 9:38 AM
  Deuce-Roadster is correct, I was at a junk yard about a year ago and they had a 41 Ford Sedan Delivery that had been made into a pickup, in the rear cargo area to the left and right of the rear cargo door opening was a pair of brackets as seen in your photo. I did not pay a lot of attention at the time but I thought the brackets were to maintain the structural integrity of the door opening and possibly rear body mounts but the floor had rotted away so I could not tell for sure.

vwtinman    -- 08-02-2013 @ 3:11 PM
  I figure they must fit around there somewhere, Oddly enough after cleaning off the silver paint, they are actually made of cast bronze. Thanks everyone for your help!

donnicoli    -- 09-04-2013 @ 9:30 PM
  vwtinman,
I also have a '40 sedan delivery project. those brackets are in place in mine and I can send you a photo. (might be a week or so before I can get to it) they go in the upper rear r & l hand corners of the cargo area. what do you have for seats?
Thanks,
Don

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=6347