Topic: Removing seat in 40 coupe

wmgmitchell    -- 01-08-2012 @ 7:47 PM
  The seat in my coupe must be removed to fix the mechanism which isn't working. I have a package tray, and the seat connects to the tray via a piece of fabric that's attached to the top back cushion and a piece of wood at the front of the package tray. This fabric must be unfastened to effect removal of the sear, but I don't know how to do it. Obviously I know nothing about upholstery. Please help.

Thanks very much.

Bill

kubes40    -- 01-09-2012 @ 7:40 AM
  Hi Bill,
YOU can handle this!
You must first remove the vertical cardboard trim panel that currently covers the material 'flap'. If authentic, there are a number of small button head trim nails that must be removed.
Don't get discouraged if you break the nail, heads off. This is typical.
Once the nails are removed, remove the cardboard trim panel. Below that you will easily see the tacks holding that seat "flap' in place. You must remove these tacks. I suggest a tack removal tool designed for this purpose as it makes the job so easy.
Once the tacks are removed, the seat is now ready to be unbolted from the floor and removed.
You can purchase new button head trim nails and a new cardboard panel if needed from Lebaron-Bonney.
Kind regards,
Mike Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 1-9-12 @ 7:42 AM

trjford8    -- 01-09-2012 @ 6:13 PM
  In addition to Mike's advice you can buy a tack puller from most Ace Hardware stores or get one from LeBaron-Bonney.They are handy too and you woud be surprised how often you will use it.

wmgmitchell    -- 01-10-2012 @ 6:09 AM
  Thanks very much! This is quite helpful and I'll tackle the job this weekend.

Mike, from the photos of the inside of your hood you sent me, it looks like your car is Lyon blue. Will you please post a few,photos of the car? Mine was originally that color but was reprinted with a poor color match. I'd like to see what it would look like in the correct color.

Thanks again.

Bill

kubes40    -- 01-10-2012 @ 6:37 AM
  Bill,
It is Lyon Blue. I don't think pictures are a good place to look for color though. They (pictures) do not always depict shade very well due to exposure, etc. I can send you more photos to your email address if needed.
Kind regards,
Mike

This message was edited by kubes40 on 1-10-12 @ 6:38 AM

kubes40    -- 01-10-2012 @ 6:39 AM
  Wrong picture... sorry. Maybe this time I'll get it correct!

wmgmitchell    -- 01-10-2012 @ 10:14 AM
  Wow! The car is beautiful and I love the color! I'd love to have more photos, if you don't mind; it will give me gobs of inspiration. Here's my email address: billgmitch*ll@gmail.com.

Thanks again, very much.

Bill

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=4194