Topic: 1940 conv. wood bow

shogun1940    -- 09-06-2011 @ 11:59 AM
  well after looking at the front wood bow on and off for three monthe's and trying to figure how to make it fit better I give up. So who do you recomend that makes them ,or am i better offf tracing out my car and trying to make one myself????? what would be the best wood to use?? I think it would be easier in piece.

kubes40    -- 09-06-2011 @ 12:46 PM
  You might try the Kline Brothers in PA. They are great guys and do wonderful work.
You may find you will always have a bit of fitment issues with the front bow. The couple of times I've been forced to find a replacement, it took some finessing to get it to fit just right.

supereal    -- 09-06-2011 @ 4:16 PM
  In addition to Mike's suggestion, we have obtained header bows from LeBaron Bonney. Almost always, the bow has to be fitted to make it work properly. They could be made, but if you can buy one, it is a whole lot easier. I'm not sure of the '40, but the later bows require special nuts imbedded in the bow.

deuce_roadster    -- 09-08-2011 @ 7:35 AM
  If none of the above have the top bow you need, try Bob Brown in Bow Washington. He makes wood for Sportsmen convertibles and I know he has the pattern for a 40 Converible. He took patterns off of my car and refined it until it fit really well. The top of my cowl is unmolested and should be very close to all the others.

shogun1940    -- 09-14-2011 @ 5:27 AM
  does anyone have an address or email or phone # for either of these recomended gentlemen

rg130    -- 10-19-2011 @ 9:27 AM
  Try Brad Brown, Friday Harbor, Washington (360) 378-3886.

roadster36    -- 10-19-2011 @ 11:31 PM
  I have used a company called "Oak Bows" out of Chambersburg, Ohio for the last 4 convert's I have done. Their products fit all my cars with no problems. They are not the cheapest but I think they are worth the price. I believe they supply LeBarron Bonney as well but I am not 100% sure of that.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=3714