Topic: New 40 Ford Book - no, no not THAT one

Henryat1140    -- 03-22-2011 @ 7:38 PM
  I just bought the new 40 Ford book by Joseph Cabadas.

Just to give a heads up, this book is not really what it is advertised as. What it is, is kind of a survey of the Ford Motor Company in the 30's, it has lots of off topic information such as pages on the development of the Lincoln Zephyr, and the Ford union woes. Even a sidebar on the Chrysler Airflow! Also lots of coverage of the 37 38 models. But the coverage of the 40 Models is skimpy and superficial and does not really add anything to what is generally known about 40 models. I would estimate less than 15% of the book is devoted to the 40 Ford.

A nice book, but more of a coffee table book than anything serious about the 40 Ford.

Just a notification for anyone who is expecting in-depth information on the 40.

Disappointing. Of course this is just my take, others may find more 'meat' in the book.

Henry

trjford8    -- 03-22-2011 @ 7:57 PM
  Henry, I also bought the book and I agree with you 100%. It is very weak in actually giving you any real information on the 40 Ford. I felt that it was definitely mis-represented in the advertising. The first 70 or so pages is devoted to the Ford Company history and I already have plenty of books that give me that info.
I do say the author did a nice job on the book and for a novice Fordophile it would be an intresting book. The price of $23 is not bad for a hardbound book.

c-gor    -- 03-25-2011 @ 9:47 AM
  I also purchased the book. I posted on Ford Barn that it really does not discuss the "evolution" of the 1940 Ford. Was disappointed by what I consider "false advertising".
Thought the book was well written but misrepresented the intent since it was more of a history of the Ford Motor Company 192x until 1941.

40guy    -- 04-16-2011 @ 12:12 PM
  Sounds like he used the popularity of the 40' model in the title just to sell some books.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=2791