Topic: 40 ford four door front seat removal

pashingleman    -- 09-13-2023 @ 6:57 AM
  I just acquired a 40-ford deluxe four door. To get better access under the dash I would like to unbolt and remove the front seat. I can see the two bolts on each side but can't get my hand on the rear bolts, and even if I managed to get them out, I would never get the back bolt started going back in . The trim and footrest prevent access. How do I get this seat out? does the seat bottom come out separately somehow. I got some movement with the seat bottom but don't want to force it. The seat travel is also bound up, i see moving forward seems to help, but not enough.
Similarly, how do I lift out the rear seat bottom? I appreciate the help Tom in Pennsylvania

trjford8    -- 09-13-2023 @ 7:58 AM
  The rear seat bottom cam be removed by pushing back on the front and lifting up at the same time.. With your front seat you can remove the foot rests. You will need a flashlight to see the two nuts that hold them on and use a stubby socket wrench with a 7/16 socket to remove the nuts. Not an easy task, but it can be done. You may need to add an extension to the socket. You can also use a ratchet type end wrench to remove the rear seat bolts.

RAK402    -- 09-13-2023 @ 8:33 AM
  I have had the front seat out of my Fordor a couple of times-I did not have to take the foot rests or back off to do so.

You can reach the rear bolts from the from the rear with the doors open. Moving the seat all the way forward or all the way back will help (I think forward as the seat rises a bit when moved forward).

I think I used and open end wrench or a box wrench to get on the bolt heads.

This is an awkward job, but not difficult.

This message was edited by RAK402 on 9-13-23 @ 8:34 AM

pashingleman    -- 09-13-2023 @ 5:25 PM
  Thanks for the feedback from both of you. I lubed up the seat track with wd-40 and after working it a few times got the seat full forward. I now can access the rear bolts. Thanks again for the help.
Tom in Pennsylvania

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=16668