Topic: New Member With a '40 Fordor

682bear    -- 05-27-2023 @ 1:00 AM
  Hello... I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself.

I've recently bought a 1940 Ford Fordor Deluxe with a 59A engine... I've wanted a '40 since I was a teenager and finally have one!

It is in really nice condition, and doesn't need much, but I'm sure I'll have a few questions, anyway... hopefully I won't be too annoying.

-Bear

1940 Tom    -- 05-27-2023 @ 7:04 AM
  Good morning 682bear - Welcome to the EFV8CA!

There are lots of 40 Deluxe Fordor sedan owners in the Club - me included - that can help with any questions that you have. I would recommend that you purchase "It's Ford For '40", which is the Club's comprehensive restoration manual for 1940. Go to the blue section of your screen on the left, click on "Online Store", the go to "Ford Books". Cost is $50.

Annoying?? In high school back in the Stone Age, I said to one of my teachers one day "I want to ask a dumb question". He told me "Tom, there is no such thing as a dumb question".

Ask away - our members are here to help.

Good luck with the 40.

Tom

JayChicago    -- 05-27-2023 @ 7:19 AM
  Welcome! That is a nice looking car! Caongrats!

Color rendition doesn't transfer well over the computer screen, but looks to be what Ford called "Cloudmist Gray". Why they called it gray is open to speculation because it is certainly more green than gray.

Most of us won't be annoyed with your questions. Ask away. Some of us like to see our words in print, makes us feel important, feeds our ego. You may get annoyed at some of the answers you get. Sometimes there will be conflicting opinions on things, and sometimes misinformation gets posted. I've been known to do that, but then someone more knowledgeable will jump in with a correction.

Glad to have you with us.

kubes40    -- 05-27-2023 @ 1:45 PM
  Hi ya Bear!
Welcome aboard.
That really is a nice appearing sedan. When ya get a chance, perhaps you would post more photos? Interior?
I doubt you will become annoying.
There are guys here that are eager to help and even a few that know what they are talking about
1940TOM knows more about the Fordor sedans than perhaps anyone else. Plus, he's a decent enough guy.
Kidding of course, he's not decent, he is GREAT!
Enjoy your new treasure!

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

1940 Tom    -- 05-27-2023 @ 2:38 PM
  Mike is the Club's Technical Advisor for 1940 Cars. So I guess he knows what he's talking about. He also is the author of "It's Ford for 40".

Am I a Fordor Sedan expert? Hardly. Mike and I worked very closely on his book and I was PROUD to help him with lots of Fordor Sedan info, photos of my car, and other stuff. And lastly - and most important - we became very good friends.

Both of us learned a whole lot from each other during the work on the book. If our Technical Advisor thinks I have a beautiful car, then I am honored. But I am proud to belong to a Club where I can see the HARD WORK and great expense that all our members put into our hobby. Do I favor 40 Deluxe Fordor Sedans? Sure - I own one. But I've seen a heck of lot of absolutely beautiful cars at the Regional and National meets that I have attended over the years. Those owners should be just as proud of their cars, as I am of mine.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all of our Club Members who put on a uniform and served our country.

Tom

682bear    -- 05-27-2023 @ 5:49 PM
  Thanks for the welcome...

I'll post a few more pictures of my car... I don't have it on the road yet, I'm planning to do some maintenance first... we have a vacation coming up soon, so I'll wait until we get back home to start driving it.

If there is anything specific that you would like to see, just let me know and I'll post a picture...

-Bear

zeke3    -- 05-27-2023 @ 6:23 PM
  Welcome Bear, that is a great looking sedan. I especially like the look with the black wall tires.

Chris.NZ    -- 05-27-2023 @ 9:45 PM
  You might want to install some seat covers.
The moths love it.
It's very hard to obtain that particular material nowadays since Le Baron Bonney closed their doors.

RAK402    -- 05-31-2023 @ 8:05 PM
  Gorgeous Fordor! Congratulations!

1940Tom and kubes40 (and others here on the forum) put up with a great many questions from me last year, and helped me more than I can say!

You have come to the right place sir!

trjford8    -- 06-01-2023 @ 9:02 AM
  Welcome to the "40 world". Ask all the questions you need to ask as there is a lot of information here to help you. The 4 door is a great tour car, especially if you have a family or friends who like to ride in an old Ford. Take it out often and enjoy the ride!

alanwoodieman    -- 06-10-2023 @ 6:39 PM
  join the local/national V8 club and get to know the guys. that is about the best advice I could give you. I am in upstate SC

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=16436