Topic: 40 headliner

thunder road    -- 10-18-2017 @ 4:51 PM
  40 headliner
The interior of Mr. Runk's car.
Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 10-18-17 @ 5:00 PM

kubes40    -- 10-18-2017 @ 5:26 PM
  One thing that I think folks that are restoring these coupes should realize is those two vertical seams at the bottom (right & left corners) of the rear windshield are CORRECT. Until about two years ago, even Lebaron-Bonney was making these head liners incorrectly.
They changed their patterns around that time after some lengthy correspondence. Hopefully they will continue to install those seams as they should.
Restorations w/o the seams are incorrect.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

thunder road    -- 10-18-2017 @ 6:14 PM
  Mike the one in my coupe is original also .I wonder if the one in my car, could somehow be gently brushed to lighten some of the darkened areas? It dose have the two short vertical seams. Domenic

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 10-18-17 @ 6:16 PM

kubes40    -- 10-19-2017 @ 5:11 AM
  My advice is to leave it alone. I've never heard of a good cleaner for the head liner.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

trjford8    -- 10-19-2017 @ 8:11 AM
  As Mike says don't touch that headliner with any cleaner. At this age the material is very fragile and any cleaner may ruin it. Also the threads holding the seams are weakened by age and may break loose. The material is old and needs to stay looking old. As others have said "it's only original once".

thunder road    -- 10-19-2017 @ 2:52 PM
  Thanks for the headliner advice. We had the 40 out today and it drives so smooth. It's never quite the same feel when they are restored. We tested the radio which the previous owner had restored and it works fine . Dose anyone know what that small white rectangle button dose in the middle?

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 10-19-17 @ 5:46 PM

kubes40    -- 10-19-2017 @ 6:00 PM
  That button, if working properly, will move the settings to one of five preset stations.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=11293