Topic: horns

whyforjim    -- 07-08-2017 @ 9:37 AM
  1940 85 hp, custom deluxe

As in many instances, I either read conflicting information in my collection of books and manuals and on internet sites, find no information, or incomplete information.

Is my coupe supposed to have one horn or two? I currently have one trumpet shaped horn. Looked very original, sure didn't look like anything was missing.

If I am supposed to have 2 horns, I will need some information describing the horns, wiring, to try to look for parts.

Thanks.

Sure glad this site exists. I can do a lot of stuff, but need to ask questions.

kubes40    -- 07-08-2017 @ 2:03 PM
  ALL 1940 Ford passenger cars had the identical set of dual horns.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

len47merc    -- 07-08-2017 @ 3:20 PM
  Just to clarify the obvious - the horns are 'identical' in general shape and construction, not length, and play different notes/frequencies to produce a single tone.

Steve

len47merc    -- 07-08-2017 @ 3:20 PM
  EDIT - Eliminating double post.

This message was edited by len47merc on 7-8-17 @ 4:56 PM

whyforjim    -- 07-08-2017 @ 7:26 PM
  Any ideas where I could look for a set, original or faithful reproduction?

kubes40    -- 07-09-2017 @ 6:38 AM
  They are not reproduced. Sets of horns appear frequently on eBay and such. I may have an extra set. If you'd be so interested - I'd look.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

whyforjim    -- 07-09-2017 @ 9:08 AM
  To Kube.

Yes, I would be very interested if you have a set of horns.

Jim Overson

kubes40    -- 07-09-2017 @ 9:47 AM
  Jim,
I'll look later today. I am organized so it is simply a matter of "getting to it". I sold a set of restored hors on eBay just three weeks ago. I am fairly certain I have more.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

kubes40    -- 07-09-2017 @ 3:16 PM
  Jim, I found a set. They are 100% restored and beautiful. I am unable to send you a private message as apparently your message reception is disabled.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 7-9-17 @ 3:17 PM

whyforjim    -- 07-09-2017 @ 4:52 PM
  Hmmm. I don't see how to fix my account for private emails. My email is whyforjim@gmail.com

Jim Overson

len47merc    -- 07-09-2017 @ 5:16 PM
  Jim - when you are logged in go to 'MY INBOX' which is located in the upper right corner of the top light blue header bar. In 'MY INBOX' select 'PREFERENCES' in the upper right and then scroll down to 'PREFERENCES' again and then select 'Yes' for 'Enable Private Messages'. I also select 'Yes' to 'Notify me via email of new private message'.

Steve

kubes40    -- 07-09-2017 @ 6:11 PM
  Jim, I'll email you promptly.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

sarahcecelia    -- 08-20-2017 @ 8:25 AM
  Mike, What's going on with private messages? You sent me one a week or two ago. When I tried to open it it said, "Warning, this could do (something, I don't remember what) to your computor." So I didn't open it.This is the second time I was sent a private message and got that warning.I didn't open the other one either.

Regards, Steve Lee

kubes40    -- 08-20-2017 @ 8:43 AM
  I suspect, but don't know for certain, that the issue is on your end. Perhaps your anti-virus software is set so 'tight" as to toss up undue warnings? I am NOT a computer guru by a long shot but as I have not received this warning from any of the private messages I'd received, well, it leads me to believe it is on your end.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

TomO    -- 08-21-2017 @ 8:06 AM
  Steve, the problem is with the certificate for this site. When you try to open this site from your E-Mail, the anti-virus software checks the certificate and because it is out of date or does not conform to the new standards, you get that message.

Go to this site in the same manner that you would to read or post a message. Click on "MY INBOX" and then read your message.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=10947