Topic: Fuel Line / Frame rail

kenburke    -- 04-14-2017 @ 3:55 PM
  Hi Mike, A couple of questions: How does the gas line navigate by (under, over, through) the front frame brace (the one from the frame to cross member)? The three or two clips on the frame for the fuel line, which running boards mounting holes do you recommend for the clips? Thanks.

kubes40    -- 04-14-2017 @ 4:42 PM
  Hi ya Ken,
I sure hope you remain healthy and happy. ALWAYS good to hear from you.

Okay, here goes...
This is not what I recommend but rather, what Ford did. Three clips along the frame rail. Two of them are easy to describe the location of: the top hole of each running board brace. The third is a bit tougher to describe. If you can, please picture the rectangular body mount that projects in to the running board. The first bolt just forward of that mount not only attaches the running board to the frame, but also holds a fuel line clip in place.
Make sense?

Now the routing at the forward junction of the "X" member and outer frame rail: I have attached a photograph of the proper routing at this junction. Hopefully you can see exactly how the line is routed around the frame rail and upward.
Yes?

If I need to clarify please do not hesitate to ask.
Take care...
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

kenburke    -- 04-15-2017 @ 9:26 AM
  Hi Mike, that picture is of the firewall clip? Q; The clip location near the box mount, would that be the middle of the three clips on the frame? I am getting closer. Also, what is you MO? I would assume the gas line was easier to put in place with the body off of the frame. I am not going there. And I am doing good. Thank You, very much! Have a nice Easter. Ken

kubes40    -- 04-15-2017 @ 10:07 AM
  Ken, That photo, I was hoping, would give you and idea of how the line was run upward, just in front of the "X" member where it meets the outer frame rail. I realize the line at that area is obscured by wiring but thought (hoped) you could derive enough from it (the photo) to go forward.
Please note the bend in the line very near the large clip on the firewall. That is the authentic bend and should be replicated.

I build up the chassis completely prior to installing the body sh*ll. Makes life so much easier. Still, there has been occasion where I have had to install the fuel line after the car was together (service work).

I've attached another photo that may clear this up a bit better. Well, I hope...

kenburke    -- 04-17-2017 @ 1:56 PM
  Hi Mike, Well that about covers it. On the carriage bolts, threads in? Just checking. Nice photo with the hot water heater and Columbia set up. Thanks

kubes40    -- 04-17-2017 @ 3:20 PM
  The heads of the carriage bolts are all inside the frame rail. Nuts and washers to the outside.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=10681