Topic: The Benny Bootle guide for 1940 fords

thunder road    -- 03-26-2017 @ 1:02 PM
  When I sold my first 1940 ford coupe after owning it for 17 years, my Benny Bootle 1940 restoration guide went with it. Dennis Carpenter would sell it at his tent at the Fall Hershey meets, that was a long time ago.The guy I sold the car to still owns the car, and maybe he still has the guide. This may be a good reference for the book? Dom

Domenic

kubes40    -- 03-30-2017 @ 6:23 AM
  Domenic, I have been doing all of my research "fresh" and not relying on "opinions" to avoid as many mistakes, etc. as possible.

thunder road    -- 03-31-2017 @ 3:21 AM
  Kubes's 40- Did you know of, or ever heard of Benny Bootle? He was always at the Dennis Carpenter tent at the fall Hershey meets and could answer any questions about the 1940 ford 's. He also had a large original 1940 ford car collection, and was considered the most knowable person on the subject at the time. This was a long time ago before computer's.Dom

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 3-31-17 @ 3:24 AM

ken ct.    -- 03-31-2017 @ 4:17 AM
  TIMES 10 Thunder Road , Benny had more knowlage of 40 Fords than anyone on this planet ,then or now. Thanks TR. ken isidor ct.

ford38v8    -- 03-31-2017 @ 10:32 AM
  Dom & Ken, It is true that Benny was the go-to man for info about 40's back in the day. Today, however, a considerable amount of research has been done that has added much more, clarified and answered unanswered questions, and put the lie to some favorite rumors. Benny Bootle would have loved to see the detail of research that has gone into Mike's book.

Alan

kubes40    -- 03-31-2017 @ 3:26 PM
  Domenic, I had spent much time with Mr. Bootle through the years - a very fine gentleman with a mutual affinity of '40 Fords.

thunder road    -- 04-01-2017 @ 5:54 AM
  I knew I wasn't dreaming about this guy Benny Bootle. One time I asked him what to do about my re-production interior window cranks, and door handle's being loose , and he said to remove the repo pins and make my own out of stick welding rods, This worked out perfect and the handles were then tight. Dom

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 4-2-17 @ 4:47 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=10634